Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, does anyone know an interface for ipod and linux? I already tried gtkpod but it doesnt seem to work. It recognizes my ipod nano, but I cant transfer any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ipod linux

Hi, does anyone know an interface for ipod and linux? I already tried gtkpod but it doesnt seem to work. It recognizes my ipod nano, but I cant transfer any songs to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*using fc5 64 bits

You can also try amaroK for syncing in the latest beta. I had FC5 and my nano synced without problems.
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    I downloaded amaroK from this link and got it installed
    http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat...86_64.rpm.html

Not really sure how to sync the ipod and amaroK, please advise. thanx

There should be something named "devices" in the left sidebar. Click there and enter the mount point of your ipod (you ipod is mounted automatically by Fedora, right?). Usually a folder in /media with the name of your ipod. And set to ipod when in the same sidebar.

Then just drag and drop the songs you want.
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Just Joined!
    I have context, collection, playlists, and files, cant seem to find devices. The ipod is mounted. is it possible I have the wrong version? I have 1.4.1 thanx again

Did you install libgpod before installing the rpm?
    Linux User #425940

Just Joined!
    Hi all, my iPod nano is not mounted automatically by Fedora 5. When I plug it in, it appears under /dev/sda2, which I manually mount in /mnt/ipod. After that, I am unable to whether start gtkpod nor amarok! For Amarok, I get the following error:

Could not launch the mail client: KDEInit could not launch 'kmail'.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Pablo
    There should be something named "devices" in the left sidebar. Click there and enter the mount point of your ipod (you ipod is mounted automatically by Fedora, right?). Usually a folder in /media with the name of your ipod. And set to ipod when in the same sidebar.

Then just drag and drop the songs you want.