Find the answer to your Linux question:
hiii buddoes... juzz finished downloading .rar format for fedora5 now nebody plzz tell me how could i convert it into .iso so that i can make a bootable dvd...plzzzz neway ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question how to convert .rar in bootable disk

hiii buddoes...
    juzz finished downloading .rar format for fedora5
    now nebody plzz tell me how could i convert it into .iso so that i can make a bootable dvd...plzzzz neway out???

What is inside the .rar? If it is an ISO image extract the file and use your favorite burning program to record it AS AN IMAGE
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!

Question yuppppppp

sorry juan...
    but it contains multiple extensions lik rpm, even rar into it//
    no iso extension tell me how to go

Quote Originally Posted by rituraj
    juzz finished downloading .rar format for fedora5
    The fact that it opens with "winrar" by default doesn't mean it is a .rar file.

The file should be an ISO image file. Choose "burn CD image" with your favorite burner application.

If it really is in .rar, then something is wrong. The official Fedora download page is here :
    http://fedora.redhat.com/Download/
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Where did you get it? The standard way Fedora ships the OS is as an ISO image, Maybe recording the files into the CD using a program like Nero that offer the option of record as a bootable CD

Edit. antidrugue was faster than me
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Linux Guru
    Winrar by default associates itself with .iso files. Check the file properties and disable file-extension hiding to make sure it is in fact an iso. If it is a rar file you might consider not using it - only install distros from reputable sources. This ensures it has not been tampered with.