Find the answer to your Linux question:
Has anyone successfully compiled the Attansic drivers (Asus P5B-E, Onboard L1) and got the NIC working under RC6 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6PAE? Thanks in advance....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

RC6 (2.6.18) & Attansic L1 NIC

Has anyone successfully compiled the Attansic drivers (Asus P5B-E, Onboard L1) and got the NIC working under RC6 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6PAE?

Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!

yes and no

So far i've gotten the drivers complied and loaded, and I can ping ... so it's working.... so far.....
    had to edit "Makefile" in the Attansic src directory to remove any reference to config.h and replace it with autoconf.h (because config.h was depreciated and replaced with autoconf.h in ver 6 --or so I'm told) also had to edit at.h and do the same replacement in that file also had to edit skbuff.h in /lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2798.fc6/source/include/linux and add "unsigned short tso_size;" to the skb_shared_info struct.

It seems to be working now, but as this is my first time compiling anything (let alone a device driver) in linux (though i've done a fair bit of similar work in other os/s) I make absolutley no guarantees that it won't blow up.

Just Joined!

odd?

don't know why but, like I said before I can ping out and other machines can ping me and I get and addr via DHCP but nothing else works... .no web, no ssh, no telnet, no nothing........ have no idea why??????/

Just Joined!

now it works

Haven't figgured out why yet but: instead of the mod to skbuff.h file if you put that file back to the original and make the mods to the at_main.c file as in (http://www.hogchain.net/attansic/atl1_2.6.17.patch) in the src dir of the attansic driver, then recompile and reinstall it seems to work..... anyways it's best to go here:

http://www.hogchain.net/attansic/attansic.html