Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok please bear with me. first thanks to casper-devil for helping me out but heres what i did, i read the post here on compiling source files into binary for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Intel display drivers, TGZ file

ok please bear with me.

first thanks to casper-devil for helping me out

but heres what i did, i read the post here on compiling source files into binary for installation, now the thing is, i need a driver installed on this system so i can get out of the 800x600 setup

heres the file: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/df-s..._5_1_Linux.tgz

ok, i opened it, and i get all these folders, which one do i go into to install it for FC6? im so confused. thanks

There are instructions for installation on pg.126 of the User's Guide located in the Documents folder. Basically, you have to find out what version of X you're running (probably 7 if you're on FC6) by executing
    Code:
    $Xorg -version
    then copy the drivers to the appropriate directories. Try going through the instructions and if you experience any difficulties post them here.

thanks, im trying to currently figure that out.

one thing though, how do i go into the KDE mode? i was told by someone else to logoff and go into the command prompt, and press or select something called session. but the thing is, when i did log off all i saw was a command prompt, and thats about it. is there something i could type to switch to KDE?

thanks

If KDE is already installed then you can simply log out and at the login screen select KDE from the Sessions button near the bottom of the screen. If it's not installed and you still have the FC6 install CD's/DVD then you can install it by going to Applications->Add/Remove Software and checking the KDE box in the Desktop Environments tab. After it installs you should be able to do what I said initially, log back in using a KDE session.