Find the answer to your Linux question:
After a friend and I spent about 10 hours Friday and Saturday everything (kind of) is working. Here is what I would like to do.. create a Live, installable disk, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Strange (maybe) backup question. LIVE disk w/backup

After a friend and I spent about 10 hours Friday and Saturday everything (kind of) is working.

Here is what I would like to do.. create a Live, installable disk, that has all my settings and installed programs in place in place. No data, just the OS as it is on the harddisk w/ all the configuration.

Is this possible? And if so, can a beginner do it without too much crying and nashing of teeth?

Harlech

Here is what I would like to do.. create a Live, installable disk, that has all my settings and installed programs in place in place. No data, just the OS as it is on the harddisk w/ all the configuration.

Is this possible? And if so, can a beginner do it without too much crying and nashing of teeth?
    its possible and very easy to create an Image of installed OS keeping all the settings and configuration.
    PartImage !!!

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First