Find the answer to your Linux question:
Any one have a idea of a good one that will work on fedora? I have wine so I could possibly use a free windows one. I have tried using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DVD ripping program???

Any one have a idea of a good one that will work on fedora? I have wine so I could possibly use a free windows one.

I have tried using dvd::rip but I needed tons of perl stuff that I was unable to find. Could someone point me to a site with perl RPMs or better - a big RPM with every perl module

Thanks
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by adamzty
    Any one have a idea of a good one that will work on fedora? I have wine so I could possibly use a free windows one.

I have tried using dvd::rip but I needed tons of perl stuff that I was unable to find. Could someone point me to a site with perl RPMs or better - a big RPM with every perl module

Thanks
    Tyler
    i found this:

http://untrepid.com/acidrip/

If you just want to rip to DivX/Xvid you could try dvd2xvid. It's simple to use and gets the job done.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    i use dvdshrink

Just Joined!
    Just tried those 2 - dvd2xvid wouldnt run and dvdshrink didnt have the settings I need (change resolution, change bitrate, ect.) It seems to me that dvd::rip is the only choice...

I got all the perl modules and installed dvd::rip but now when I launch it it shows the splash screen for about a second and then it dissappears I could use some help on this...is it missing a file or something???

Thanks again
    Tyler

Did you use yum to install it?
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    No, I downloaded the tarball and compiled it.

Thanks for helping,
    Tyler

Why not use yum? it is much easier and it's the standard way to install software.
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

If dvd::rip isn't available through yum, what does it say at the CLI if you run it from there?

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    If dvd::rip isn't available through yum, what does it say at the CLI if you run it from there?

Bryan
    I am assuming CLI means command line...it says cannot open window (null)...I get that whenever I try to open something from the command line