Find the answer to your Linux question:
Been a Suse user for a few years and am looking at other Distros now that Novell has become M$'s "partner" and I have tried Ubuntu for a little bit ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Looking into Fedora Core 6

Been a Suse user for a few years and am looking at other Distros now that Novell has become M$'s "partner" and I have tried Ubuntu for a little bit and although I like its simplicity Im not to keen on that distro mainly because it wont allow me command and control of my own machine.

So, I find myself looking at Fedora and heard some good things about it via reviews and some IRC talk.

Im running a AMD 64(X2) 3800 with 2 internal 160 gig hdd and a 200 gig ext hdd. My Graphics card is a Nvidia 6800. Mobo is Asus.

The questions I have regarding Fedora are:

1) Nvidia driver install- how hard/ convoluted is that in Fedora?

2) Does Fedora support RAIDs like mirrors or duplexing? I ask because Im thinking of doing that if I dont make my 2nd hdd a windows partition.

3) Does Fedora see FAT/ FAT32 or NTFS? Havent sual booted before so Im not sure about how all that works, like if I just have some apps on the windows stle partition if I could access them through WINE or not, not thinking of actually putting windows on if I dont need to.

Thanks alot for any help you can give.

Quote Originally Posted by pfusco
    1) Nvidia driver install- how hard/ convoluted is that in Fedora?
    Well, that depends on what you consider "hard" or "convoluted". This method is what I use on all distros, including Fedora:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...d-drivers.html

3) Does Fedora see FAT/ FAT32 or NTFS? Havent sual booted before so Im not sure about how all that works, like if I just have some apps on the windows stle partition if I could access them through WINE or not, not thinking of actually putting windows on if I dont need to.
    Any distribution will read/write to FAT32 and *read* NTFS. In order to write to NTFS you'll need to do some fiddling though.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Thanks, I appreciate the information.... Just trying to find the right distro to move to