Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi,i have a full version of VMWare workstatio.I followed an installation guide to install the s/w.and i even created the virtual machine(for fc3).now,the question is, i did all these things ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

more info needed on VMWare

hi,i have a full version of VMWare workstatio.I followed an installation guide to install the s/w.and i even created the virtual machine(for fc3).now,the question is, i did all these things expecting i can work on linux(already installed fc3) from my windows.but now i realise ( i mean to say i read somewher noowww) that its meant to install linux from windows(coz it was detecting for a cd/dvd). can please anyone tell me what exactly this does and can i get what i sought( work on linux which is already installed from windows?)?
    please clarify..

Linux User
    VMWare is wierd if you are not familar with it.
    Once you setup the VMDesktop then you need to install another OS, like linux. At this point you will decide how many CPUs, Memory and Hard Drive space to allocate to this OS. Also you'll have to setup the NIC card or ethernet for this server so Windows can see it.
    After that you should be able to run Windowz and ssh into the linux server or if youhave VNC installed on Windowz you can VNC into the Virtual Linux box and have a GUI session.
    Good Luck,
    Ski
    RHCT