Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a relative newbie, but I am finding my way around rather well and enjoying Fedora FC 6. For the sake of the FLASH plugin for web browsing, I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I love Fedora 32 bit--is 64 bit worth the upgrade?

I am a relative newbie, but I am finding my way around rather well and enjoying Fedora FC 6. For the sake of the FLASH plugin for web browsing, I went with the 32 bit version even though I am running an AMD Athlon 64 3500+. I am interested in trying to go 64 bit. Is it worth it? Will I have to compile everything I want to install? (I have yet to compile anything and have it work.)

Thanks!

Despite what some skeptics claim, the 64 bit version actually does have a somewhat (noticeable, but not major) speed increase, especially when you open apps. However, you may have a harder time finding drivers for the 64 bit version. IMHO, the speed difference is small enough to stick with 32 bit.

Linux User
    As the previous person said little difference.
    The only way you see differences if you are using large databases like Oracle and setting up the server as a webserver or a gateway but for regular use no real difference.
    Good Luck,
    Ski
    RHCT

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny1111
    I am a relative newbie, but I am finding my way around rather well and enjoying Fedora FC 6. For the sake of the FLASH plugin for web browsing, I went with the 32 bit version even though I am running an AMD Athlon 64 3500+. I am interested in trying to go 64 bit. Is it worth it? Will I have to compile everything I want to install? (I have yet to compile anything and have it work.)

Thanks!
    check this link ! Should you choose 32bit or 64bit Linux?

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First