Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed Fedora Core 6 on my PS3 on the weekend and had troubles running the gnome desktop. After reading some posts on this forum I was able to fix ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PS3 Wireless Network on Fedore Core 6

I installed Fedora Core 6 on my PS3 on the weekend and had troubles running the gnome desktop. After reading some posts on this forum I was able to fix this issue but now I'm having trouble getting a network connection. I'm using the wireless network card to connect to the internet and it is working from the game-os but it doesn't seem to be setup in linux. This is my first linux installation and I'm not sure how to configure this. I'm now running the gnome desktop and I went to the System->Administration->Network application. There are no devices listed under the device tab and there is one item under the hardware tab (Gelic Network Driver/Ethernet/eth0/system). Do I need to add another hardware item for the wireless card or add another device on the device tab or both? Or am I totally in the wrong place here? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just Joined!
    Bump ... Anyone have any ideas on how to get the network up and running?

Just Joined!
    Bump ... Anyone using a wireless network connection on their PS3?

Just Joined!

Even a wired connection doesn't seem to work

Apologies if I've gone a little off track here but I've noticed that even a Wired Network Connection isn't working on a PS3 with Fedora 6.

History:
    I installed Yellowdog and basic functions all worked fine (Except for Wireless). Including my Wired Network Connection (this is actually a cheap motorola wireless bridge)
    I decided to install Fedora 6 had a bunch of Video problems (now resolved), however, Fedora is reporting that I have no network connection even though I have an IP address from my DHCP server.

I wonder if this is going to be a hurdle once the Wireless Card has been activated ... just a thought...

do you have DNS set up?
    Code:
    gedit /etc/resolv.conf
    it should look similar to this
    ; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
    search Belkin
    nameserver 192.168.2.1
    If not you probably need to get this info from your ISP or a windows machine on the same network.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.