Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I should also mention that the boot menu now displays an extra boot option, Im assuming these are two different FC6 builds(2849 and 279 Fedora 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 Fedora 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 other I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    TUK
    Just Joined!

I should also mention that the boot menu now displays an extra boot option, Im assuming these are two different FC6 builds(2849 and 279

Fedora 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6
    Fedora 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6
    other

I was running '2849' when the above error details were generated

Should I still execute the code u suggested?

yes ! execute that code. Yum has upgraded kernel and you have two entries coz of that. if you wanna use latest kernel and latest packages, you have to execute that code.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

TUK
    Just Joined!
    ok, ran the code in 'Terminal', both under default login and su root and also tried this on the two different kernels(listed on boot menu). Each time i ran the code it paused slightly then returned to command line, there was no output message, is this right?

but, still get the same>>>

"Error resolving dependencies"
    Details:
    python-devel conflicts with python < 2.4.4-1.fc6

TUK
    Just Joined!
    Ok, eventually went for a full re-install, which seems to have worked

..also installed all the updates ok now, it took ages, 700-800 MB download, but at last its there...

If I edit grub.conf, and cut n paste 'other' to the top of the boot list:

Will 'other' then become my default boot(the 1 that boots when the timer runs down)

Firefox seems to be able to access the internet even though, the firewall is enabled, and only ssh type connections are checked, http is unchecked, yet Firefox can accesss web pages and download files etc...Is everything being channeled through SSh??? or am i missing something????

devils_casper..thanks for all your help so far in getting me started with Linux

if I edit grub.conf, and cut n paste 'other' to the top of the boot list:
    Will 'other' then become my default boot(the 1 that boots when the timer runs down)
    yes ! move complete 'title' block before first 'title' or change value of 'default 0'.

Firefox seems to be able to access the internet even though, the firewall is enabled, and only ssh type connections are checked, http is unchecked, yet Firefox can accesss web pages and download files etc...Is everything being channeled through SSh??? or am i missing something????
    i dont have any experience in this matter. i hope someone else will chime in and suggest you in this matter.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2