Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I have Mysql server installed on linux and i want to connect Mysql from my windows machine.I have tried the following.. 1. I m logged in with administrative ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question How to connect linux based mysql server from windows machine

Hi all,
    I have Mysql server installed on linux and i want to connect Mysql from my windows machine.I have tried the following..
    1. I m logged in with administrative previleges from my windows PC.
    2. I have installed ODBC driver for Mysql
    3. While trying to create DSN from my windoes PC i m giving the following details:

DSN name : myodbc
    Server : my linux server IP(Where Mysql is installed)
    User : root (who is my linux administrator ID)
    Password :root's password

Port : 3306(optional)

when i am traying to connect this error is comming

Request returned with SQL_ERROR

and after clicking of diagnostic button folowinf error occures:

MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Host 'rajeevj.globrin.local' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
    [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Host 'rajeevj.globrin.local' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
    [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Host 'rajeevj.globrin.local' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

NOw pls. suggest me where i m making mistake and where should i grant access for which user ID .

It sounds like the MySQL server isn't allowing connections from your Windows box. When users are granted privileges by the database administrator, those privileges are granted for that user at a particular host (unless wildcards are used). What you need to do is grant privileges to 'root'@'IPaddress', where IPaddress is the address of rajeevj.globrin.local.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!