Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've searched the forum looking for the answer to my problem, but no luck. I'm trying to add extra space onto my linux install carried over from Windows. I've quickly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Problem with Fedora Core 6 and LVM

I've searched the forum looking for the answer to my problem, but no luck. I'm trying to add extra space onto my linux install carried over from Windows. I've quickly found out that I've been stuck with a default of LVM. I shrunk my swap partition but want to replace LVM with a real partition so I can resize it. Is there any way to do this without a re-install?

LVM is especially designed to handle partition in a way you can resize them easily, read more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical...er_%28Linux%29
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    Thank you, that much did work well. The GUI didn't want me to adjust size of the / volume without unmounting it first - which is nigh impossible for obvious reasons. LVM is confusing to me, and I really wanted a way to convery the LVM partition into a standard one so that I can use GParted, which is much more familiar. How would I go about doing that?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close