Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all I am just new to the linux scene and have run into an issue I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. I installed Fedora ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    RKM
    Just Joined!

Fedora 6 and Broadcom Wireless

Hello all I am just new to the linux scene and have run into an issue I was hoping someone might be able to help me with.

I installed Fedora 6 on my Compaq V2311 and everything works like a charm except my Broadcom wireless.

My question is, is there a driver out there somewhere for this or can anyone explain to me how to go about resolving the issue?

Please understand that I am totally new to Linux and Unix.

Hi RKM and welcome to Linuxforums.

Many manufacturers of computer hardware all but ignore us Linux users when it comes to drivers, and in my experiencem broadcom has historically been one of the worst. However, even they are now paying attention to us! Luckily, there is a utility for wireless cards for Linux called Ndiswrapper. The good news is, it has also been my experience that the Broadcom cards I've configured with ndiswrapper work very well. Installing and using ndiswrapper will require you to have extreme patience, but if I can do it, you should be able to. Here is a very good ndiswrapper "how to." Also, check this out. If there is any way you can get a wired connection to this laptop, it will make things much easier. If you have any questions as you are going along, feel free to post them here. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 12-16-2006 at 09:37 PM.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

RKM
    Just Joined!
    Thanks very much for your help DD it's much appreciated!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close