Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
command system-config-displays outputs: Couldn't start X server on card 0 Couldn't start X server with old config, trying with a fresh configuration Couldn't start X server on card 0 Error, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

command system-config-displays outputs:
    Couldn't start X server on card 0
    Couldn't start X server with old config, trying with a fresh configuration
    Couldn't start X server on card 0
    Error, failed to start X server

startx outputs:
    Fatal server error:
    no screens found
    X10: fatal IO error

What's wrong? Something with my graphics card not being recognised?

Just Joined!
    I hit a search on the forum for the server X error and found someone who was told to download new drivers from the commandline... This sounded to difficult for me so I plugged in an old videocard and I'm reinstalling Fedora now, I get the correct graphical interface now and think it will be allright

Thanx alot for the help everyone!

Just Joined!
    lol crap so now I get the correct install menu (with which I mean the nice graphical one instead of the old collored sqaures one I got with the other card) but after install when it reboots I get the msg Input signal out of reach on my screen. I'm out of other vid cards, anyone got a clue what to do about this? It is the video card causing the problem isn't it?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamey758
    lol crap so now I get the correct install menu (with which I mean the nice graphical one instead of the old collored sqaures one I got with the other card) but after install when it reboots I get the msg Input signal out of reach on my screen. I'm out of other vid cards, anyone got a clue what to do about this? It is the video card causing the problem isn't it?
    It's more a monitor problem which is not properly identified by the video card. At this point, could you tell us what motherboard, video card and monitor you are using? The content of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf might also help.

Just Joined!
    can't get anywhere so can't give info about the config file, p4p800X, Hercules 3D and I have a Samsung SyncMaster 753s hooked up to it now, same error on my Compaq TFT 5015. The Video Card I was using the first install which got me to commandline but didn't gave the propper installation graphical interface was a ATI Radeon 9250 128MB.

Hope you can help me out with this!

Just Joined!
    Sorrie, but monitors are 17"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2