Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hi SkiBoy, No luck with that too! What I found is that any configuration, it needs a manual activation, either from the GUI Network Configuration tool or ifup eth1 command! ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

setting the netmask to 255.255.255.0 on eth1

Hi SkiBoy,
    No luck with that too!

What I found is that any configuration, it needs a manual activation, either from the GUI Network Configuration tool or ifup eth1 command!

Due to this I am unable to setup a reliable (Heartbeat High Availibility system).

I have a serial link for heartbeat, but I need an Ethernet link too.

Has it got any hardware related trouble? I am using an Intel 82541GI/PI Gigabit onboard controller in an NEC 5800/120Lh server.

The main board is an Intel SE75xx board with Phoenix ServerBIOS 3 Rel 6.0.5N51.

Regards,

Joseph.

Maybe NIC teaming? It must have something to do with having two of the same nic's.

Just Joined!

Question eth1 activation problem

Hi Everyone,
    To double check, today I installed and configured a new server (same H/W) and tested it through a few power cycles and found that the both NICs were being activated automatically at boot. Even I tried with changes to the IP address, netmask and all. It was perfect. Then I configured NIC1 (eth0) for dhcp and found that after that, the problem started again. eth1 was Inactive. I had taken a copy of my /etc/sysconfig/networking folder before the dhcp changes, I restored the original ifcfg-ethx files and all, but same result.

So, can anyone tell me what or which are the files that are modified when you configure the system from static to dynamic ip setup? I think this may help me in solving the problem of inactive eth1 at boot!

Regards.

Joseph.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Hi, I found some link, it can be useful I think
    To Static From Dynamic IP Addresses and Back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2