Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to get a file sharing application (PySoulSeek) installed on my machine. I downloaded the rpm and requires wxPython 2.6.0 or greater. So I went to wxpython.org to get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Python 2.4

I'm trying to get a file sharing application (PySoulSeek) installed on my machine.

I downloaded the rpm and requires wxPython 2.6.0 or greater.

So I went to wxpython.org to get the rpm(s). However both the common and runtime rpms require python 2.4.

I checked in /usr/bin/ and found that I've got python 2.3. I tried to see if there is a python 2.4 available to download through yum and didn't find anything.

I went to python.org to download the python 2.4 rpm. I installed the rpm and now I've got /usr/bin/python2.4 as well as python2.3 and python (which is an exact copy of python2.3).

I attempted to install the wxPython rpm(s) in a hopes that the python2.4 will get picked up, but I still get the dependency failure.

So, is there a way that I can install the wxPython rpm(s) and have it reference python 2.4?

Or does anyone have additional suggestions as to how I might get this to work.

Thanks,

Just Joined!

anyone?

Anyone even using python 2.4 or wxPython?