Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear All, Hi, I am very very new to linux and I want to learn it from scratch. I don't want to use any windows product on my network accept ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Linux Fedora Server

Dear All,
    Hi,

I am very very new to linux and I want to learn it from scratch.

I don't want to use any windows product on my network accept my database which is in dos foxpro2.5.

i have almost 150 users and i want to use linux as windows 2003 server with active directory so i can make policies and login users.

Sorry let me first what I have right now:

I have Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, File server, Application server, Web Server and print server all are of Microsoft.

I want a comprehensive guide which first tell me how to make my users log in and than from their I can build my concepts. I am not afraid of dos base commands but i need a stable system.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Mahir Ali Ahmed

Linux Enthusiast
    What you are asking for from us is a complete step-by-step guide.
    That's not available.

You will need to break down the plans into several chunks and go step by step.

To help you on your way, read the manuals provided by Red Hat about RHEL. They are almost valid for Fedora or CentOS. Take a look here.

Any questions after reading these manuals, we will be glad to try to answer

Just Joined!

Question Active Directory

Dear,
    Thank you for the reply

Installing linux is ok. Now i want to know how can I get the similar functionality of Active Directory in Linux as all my users wheather they are using winxp or linux they should be authanticate from linux server instead of Windows Server 2003 Active Directory.

Your reply and advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Regards
    Mahir Ali Ahmed

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close