Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've had a few hardware issues and have a new monitor. I've ended up resetting BIOS settings to factory defaults more than a few times. The computer boots but only ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

'x' respawning too fast

I've had a few hardware issues and have a new monitor. I've ended up resetting BIOS settings to factory defaults more than a few times. The computer boots but only gives me command line options, telling me that 'x' is respawning too fast and is being disabled for five minutes. This is repeated over and over. The startx command results in a buffer error on various lines. I'll make a note of them on next attempt if that will help.

Any ideas guys?

Just Joined!
    Post the messages you receive form typing startx.

I personally don't have any ideas, but the big wigs of this site will probably need that info to make suggestions.

Just Joined!

problem with starting x

what distribution of linux are you using. what kind of graphics card do you have?
    certain graphics cards aren't compatible with linux and no matter how hard you try they wont work, but if you want people to help you will need to provide a little more information.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Distro=CentOS. There is no specific CentOS help section here.

X11 was running at one point. Then I had some hardware issues. Big blue flash issues. Trying to hotplug hard drives.

I'll sit at the computer tomorrow and give you more info.