Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi not sure if this is in the right place - But I have been asked by my boss to look into open source Web Site Management Software - that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Linux Web Site Portal Mangement Software

Hi not sure if this is in the right place - But I have been asked by my boss to look into open source Web Site Management Software - that will allow people to create there own websites - As we are a charity and we want to try to help other charities and host about 30-40 sites - all the sites are low usage. Does anyone know of any good open source software that will run on Linux and provide a simple management tool?

Thanks

Linux Enthusiast
    In general any CMS (Content Management System) written in php which uses a MySQL database should work fine.

A good website to find a suitable CMS system is www.opensourcecms.com.

One that pops up on several sites is Joomla!.

Just Joined!

Smile

thanks - i think Joomla does look like a good one another one i have found is Metadot that looks good too - Thanks again

Linux Newbie
    Well I think you must have a CMS Management software such as Joomla or Typo3 for creating your websites.
    Unix, Linux tips...

Just Joined!
    Joomla is great i have been using it now for a few days - very easy to get into works great on my Fedora 6 box - Now i just have to find some good content for my site - Thanks

Linux Enthusiast
    Good luck with it