Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I was try to install FC5 on my 250GB Hard disk dual boot with Winxp, on the partitions and drive selection page, I selected “Remove all partitions on selected ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partitions Recovery PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi, I was try to install FC5 on my 250GB Hard disk dual boot with Winxp, on the partitions and drive selection page, I selected “Remove all partitions on selected drives and create default layout” , then selected “Remove all Linux partitions on selected drives and create default layout” , then I click Next and see some data about the partitions size, at that time I knew I just made a big mistake, then I go back, and restart the computer, and want to boot into winxp, and there is nothing, so I just want to know is there any way I can recovery my hard disk? Or is there any way that I can recovery my partitions to get my data back?
    Thanks!

Linux Newbie
    Hmmm.. similar thing happened to me a while back but that was with FC6. Wonder if there is a bug in the Fedora Core Installer that just wipes the partitions without user confirmation. Anyhow, you can most probably get your partitions back by using a Knoppix Rescue CD. This one includes a program called testdisk which should help you recover the lost partition table. Be careful though and dont overwrite anything on the disk. If possible, make a bit by bit copy using 'dd' of the ailing disk to a new disk the same size or bigger before starting experimentations.

Just Joined!
    Thanks, the problem is solve now,
    I just use Active Partition Recovery to recove my old partition back.