Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, Need some help in configuring a monitoring system.. let me explain.. I have around >500 compute machine used to run regressions, all the machine run on rhel3.0 u8,all of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Lightbulb Monitoring usage

Hello,

Need some help in configuring a monitoring system.. let me explain..

I have around >500 compute machine used to run regressions, all the machine run on rhel3.0 u8,all of them have a cron script running to mirror regression output data from India to US office.. but the problem is that I need to know how much of data or what type is being send from each machine..

Should I configure the switch with the PIX internal interface to mirror to another port, connecting this to the second interface on a workstation (specifically setup for this job) , and run tethereal conversation reporting to figure things out.

Any idea or input is welcome....
    Thanks in advance

--Deepak

Just Joined!

Need help with server monitoring tools

I need to write scripts to monitor servers for error reports and taking actions (Restart server …), etc. I found this website:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9132

The website talks about “SMART” monitoring tool, but I don’t know how to set it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by deepakna
    Hello,

Need some help in configuring a monitoring system.. let me explain..

I have around >500 compute machine used to run regressions, all the machine run on rhel3.0 u8,all of them have a cron script running to mirror regression output data from India to US office.. but the problem is that I need to know how much of data or what type is being send from each machine..

Should I configure the switch with the PIX internal interface to mirror to another port, connecting this to the second interface on a workstation (specifically setup for this job) , and run tethereal conversation reporting to figure things out.

Any idea or input is welcome....
    Thanks in advance

--Deepak