Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I downloaded the newest version of firefox for linux. I'm running Fedora Core 6 version of linux. I unpacked the tar.gz file which contained a foulder called 'FireFox' in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox, yes... I am retarted... nothing new there

So I downloaded the newest version of firefox for linux. I'm running Fedora Core 6 version of linux. I unpacked the tar.gz file which contained a foulder called 'FireFox' in this foulder is a bunch of other files... thats as far as I can get. What do I do next, this whole process confuses me, I read the other thread about installing things in linux but was completely confused by all that code and what I'm sapposed to do with it.

On a second note, what is the best version of linux for beginners to use, something with tons of preloaded software ready to go?

And help would be much appreciated.

Thank you ALL!

-Jack out

Linux Newbie
    Fedora Core 6 include Firefox 1.5 already. If you dont want the latest version (i.e. 2.0) you can just use that. The web browser icon on the desktop should launch that by default.

hi Jaxck9579 !

Welcome to the LinuxForums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxck9579
    So I downloaded the newest version of firefox for linux. I'm running Fedora Core 6 version of linux. I unpacked the tar.gz file which contained a foulder called 'FireFox' in this foulder is a bunch of other files... thats as far as I can get. What do I do next, this whole process confuses me, I read the other thread about installing things in linux but was completely confused by all that code and what I'm sapposed to do with it.
    look for the file 'firefox' in firefox folder. double click on it. FireFox 2 will pop up. create its symlink on Desktop OR add it in Menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxck9579
    On a second note, what is the best version of linux for beginners to use, something with tons of preloaded software ready to go?
    Feodra Core is one of the Best distro and it has almost every thing. it has Tons of software.
    which package you couldn't Find in Fedora Core?

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Casper,

Thank you soo much for your help! I'm sure I will need more soon, this whole linux thing is just crazy for me to figure out :-p

peace,

-Jack out

no problemo. i agree that its a bit difficult setup everything in starting but when you will configure everything, you will love Linux.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First