Hello all,

First things first: Fedora Core 5, i686, kernel 2.6.18-1.2257.fc5smp

I am trying to install Acronis Agent on my linux PC. Acronis uses a kernel mod called snapapi26. snapapi needs the kernel source to compile and the dmks command. So I command:

dkms build -m snapapi26 -v 0.7.5 --arch i686 --config /boot/config-2.6.18-1.2257.fc5smp --kernelsourcedir /usr/src/kernels/linux-2.6.18

and then install the build without a problem. The module gets put in the /lib/modules/<kernel version>/kernel/drivers/block directory and is called snapapi26.ko

The problem is when I connect to the linux PC using Acronis Console and try to run a backup remotly, I get this error: "E000101F4: Application module error."

I can connect to the linux PC fine, so the Acronis Agent works, however there is somthing wrong with the snapapi32.ko

When I use the command insmod snapapi26.ko I get this error "insmod: error inserting 'snapapi26.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module". When I look at dmesg error log, I see at the bottom the error says "snapapi26: Unknown symbol set_wmb"

I hope some smart people can help me out of this fix! I tried Acronis tech support and googled the net, and can not find anything! Thanks in advanced!