Find the answer to your Linux question:
Didn't want to open a new thread on this, but I'm having a similar issue. Just installed a MSI FX5200 which is capable of resolutions of 2048x1536 and I can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Didn't want to open a new thread on this, but I'm having a similar issue. Just installed a MSI FX5200 which is capable of resolutions of 2048x1536 and I can't get beyond 800x600. The MSI site offers no updated drviers. Any ideas? Running FC6 on AMD Athlon 64.

in GRUB screen, select Fedora title and press 'e'. select 'kernel' line, press 'e' again and add <space> 3 at the end of line. press 'Enter' key and press 'b' to boot up. this will drop you on command line login prompt. log in as root and execute this
    Code:
     system-config-display
    configure display and resolutions. in case your Monitor is not listed in Monitors List, select 'Generic' Monitor.
    reboot.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanks devils_casper you saved me again (you helped me in the past). I did want to add that I needed to choose (under Generic Monitor) "Generic Monitor 1024x768" and then following reboot, I needed to run system-config-display again and adjust the display resolution to make this work.

thanks again!

you are Welcome northernwolf ! i am glad i could help you.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First