Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have FC-5 and use KDE. I followed Stanton Finley's installation notes. I downloaded and installed Realplayer. In the notes it said to shut down Firefox to enable the plugin ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to get the Realplayer plugin to work in Firefox

I have FC-5 and use KDE.

I followed Stanton Finley's installation notes. I downloaded and installed Realplayer. In the notes it said to shut down Firefox to enable the plugin and then go to NPR to test it. I did that. At NPR I clicked on Hourly Newscast, this brought up a choice between using Real or Window's Media Player. I chose Real and that brought up a dialog box that with radio buttons allowed you to play or download to disk. Under Play it already had in there "Movie Player". I did something wrong, (I should have had realplay listed in Play).

I've done this before, correctly. Now up pops Totem Movie Player with an error message saying:

Totem could not play 'rtsp://real.npr.org:80/...' (there was a lot more)

I think I need to get that dialog box back so I can get "realplay" in the "Play with" segment of that box. Can somebody please tell me how to do this? Can somebody please tell me how to fix this problem?

royeo

Do you have Mplayerplug-in installed? If so, that sometime creates a problem with realmedia files because it can't play them properly.
    If you do have mplayerplug-in installed I would suggest that you rename it to something else, then see if realplayer will launch.
    And BTW, did you remove helix player too, as explained in the Stanton-Finley website?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.