Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have just installed the REdhat 9 in virtual PC.At the end of the installation the settings i accepted was 24 Bits 800*600 Resolution. Now after the installation,when i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Display problem in Redhat 9

Hi,
    I have just installed the REdhat 9 in virtual PC.At the end of the installation the settings i accepted was
    24 Bits
    800*600 Resolution.
    Now after the installation,when i rebooted the machine,then the display is not coming.when i move the mouse ,i see blurred images ,which i can't even recognize.

I booted the redhat in Nongui mode and there it was working fine.there when i run the command
    #redhat-config-xfree86
    then again the screnn become red,yellow and other color strips are seen on the screen.

when i try to run the startx,then again the screen become full of the color strips.

Is there any way i can resolve this problem,so that i can work on the gui mode of the linux

Linux Newbie
    Redhat 9 is a very old distrobution, have you tried a newer distro or a newer kernel that might have better support for the virtual PC video interface?

Just Joined!

Still the problem not resolved.

I have installed the fedora core 4 ...but still the same issue coming.
    Anyone ,who can help me regarding this issue..

execute 'system-config-display' command and configure display and resolutions. in case your Monitor is not listed in Monitors List, select 'Generic'.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First