Find the answer to your Linux question:
Quick Question about Zod: The website lists 5 cd's plus a rescuecd. Will I need to install from all 5 (i assume)? I have a downloade Live CD for Zod ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora Zod install

Quick Question about Zod:

The website lists 5 cd's plus a rescuecd. Will I need to install from all 5 (i assume)?

I have a downloade Live CD for Zod (does it exist?) What is the difference between installing from the LIve CD or going from 5 other cd's?

also, does fedora have games on it? Mandriva one didn't but ubuntu did as well.

i never used Fedora LiveCD and i dont think it has install option.
    Fedora Installation uses first 3 CDs only because a lot of neccessary packages are not installed by default. check this thread and during installation, select all packages listed there. Installer will ask for all CDs.
    Fedora has a lot of Games. Mandriva has games also but it doesn't install those by default. you have to select Games during installation of Mandriva.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    So the only way for me to test out Fedora is to install it?

Note: You're right about the live CD not being able to install itself, good article http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/01/11/1841241

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    No. test it using LiveCD first. check if it supports your machine's hardware. if it works fine, install it.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Well I'm browsing right now through the Fedora Core 6.0 LiveCD I burned an it's pretty cool! Sort of exciting. The boot went well with no errors, the desktop looks nice and it does have games. A few things I notice that I'm curious about, noob questions I'm sure but what the heck:

What's with the 4 boxes in the bottom right corner next to the trash? One of them is filled with my mozilla Icon but what are they for? (ok I clicked on it and it took away all of my windows and appears to have brought me to a separate desktop. Wha
    t's the point of having 4 desktops?)

Is there an antivirus program or am I surfing unprotected (it's ok now it's only off the cd but if I were to install, this would be bad)? I dont see an Icon for an antivirus yet. Only a Beagle Puppy.

I love the button that returns you to the desktop quickly! that's so great! Also the DNA backdrop is perfect as I'm studying upper level genetics!

What is a "Home Folder"? Is that similar to "My documents" in windows?

Why doesn't the liveCD have OpenOffice? Will the regular 5 disc installer have it?

Ok enough for now, too much fun! I'm off with the girlfriend, it's VALENTINES DAY!