Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, am new to forum and wanted to ask help with my Redhat Linux 9 O/S. while moving to web page to page, the web page suddenly disappear and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Browser

Hi All,
    am new to forum and wanted to ask help with my Redhat Linux 9 O/S. while moving to web
    page to page, the web page suddenly disappear and its so annoying. I have flas ver 9
    installed, default plug ins. Is anything i need to install to avoid this things to happen.
    thank you
    donny

Just Joined!
    donny,

Your going to need to be considerably more descriptive. What browser are you using? What do you mean by disappear? Does the browser close or does the text on the page disappear? Is this one site or many sites? Which ones?

Just Joined!
    Also,
    If you are new to Linux, consider using a newer distro than RH 9 say Fedora.

Best Regards,
    Mustafa Elsheikh

Just Joined!

browser is closing

yes,

the browser is immediately closing. I am using mozilla browser. What is a good browser
    comatible with linux redhat 9?
    thanks yr help

Quote Originally Posted by bashcurescancer.com
    donny,

Your going to need to be considerably more descriptive. What browser are you using? What do you mean by disappear? Does the browser close or does the text on the page disappear? Is this one site or many sites? Which ones?

Just Joined!
    I have seen Mozilla close while using CentOS 4.1 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) when encountering certain flash pages. I never pursued it.

What version of Mozilla are you using? (Help -> About Mozilla)

My guess is that if you upgraded to Fedora or CentOS your problem would be no longer. RH 9 hit is end of life nearly 2 years ago.

Just Joined!

still on browser

Bash,
    its a shame RH9 is no longer supported. Thanks for your info's. i'll check it out fedora's deployment. Also, am using mozilla browser 1.2.1 version - is this OK?
    Thanks
    donny
    =====
    I have seen Mozilla close while using CentOS 4.1 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) when encountering certain flash pages. I never pursued it.

What version of Mozilla are you using? (Help -> About Mozilla)

My guess is that if you upgraded to Fedora or CentOS your problem would be no longer. RH 9 hit is end of life nearly 2 years ago.

Just Joined!
    Donny,

Yes that was released 12/02 so its 4 years old. Thats quite old for a browser and as much changed in the browser world since then.

I would recommend upgrading to Fedora 6 or CentOS 4.4 if you want to stay with Red Hat. Ubuntu maybe another good choice for you.

Thanks, BASH

Just Joined!

fedora 6

bash,
    ok, just went to fedora site, one horrible thing to say is downloading requires huge time tho am using broadband. i opted buying cd/dvd version. how many cd/dvd required to buy
    fedora?. downloading requires 6 cd.
    Thanks for your help
    donny

Donny,

Yes that was released 12/02 so its 4 years old. Thats quite old for a browser and as much changed in the browser world since then.

I would recommend upgrading to Fedora 6 or CentOS 4.4 if you want to stay with Red Hat. Ubuntu maybe another good choice for you.

Thanks, BASH