Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Fedora Core 6, in dual boot mode, on my computer, and I'm now trying to get ndiswrapper-1.37 configured in hopes of getting my wireless card working. when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

4k STACK SIZE ERROR

I just installed Fedora Core 6, in dual boot mode, on my computer, and I'm now trying to get ndiswrapper-1.37 configured in hopes of getting my wireless card working.

when i ran MAKE, I didn't see any errors, but when I ran MAKE INSTALL, the follow error was displayed.

"***WARNING: This kernel seems to use 4K stack size option (CONFIG_4KSTACKS); many Windows drivers will not work with this option enabled. Disable CONFIG_4KSTACKS option, recompile and install kernel."

a few other errors, but they may be as a result of the above.

I'm new to Linux, and not sure what/how to go about disabling and recompiling the kernel. Any Suggestions?

Is there any way for you to connect to the Internet with Linux?
    It would make this a lot less painful, if you you could, by using yum to update/install your kernel and ndiswrapper.
    if not then you probably need to get a 16k stack kernel from here.
    http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/install.php
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    unfortunately, the router is up-stair, and my computer is in the basement, and with no ethernet card... i'll look at the link you recommended, and give that a try

THANKS