Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've just downloaded fedora core 6 on my computer, so I am very new to using linux. I need instructions on how to install Apache. I have done it on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Help with Apache

I've just downloaded fedora core 6 on my computer, so I am very new to using linux.
    I need instructions on how to install Apache. I have done it on Windows, but the steps to do it in linux are different, and I am not that familiar with unzipping .tar files in linux or change the directories.
    Can anyone help me with getting Apache intalled on linux?
    Thank you.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb89
    I've just downloaded fedora core 6 on my computer, so I am very new to using linux.
    I need instructions on how to install Apache. I have done it on Windows, but the steps to do it in linux are different, and I am not that familiar with unzipping .tar files in linux or change the directories.
    Can anyone help me with getting Apache intalled on linux?
    Thank you.
    If you elected to install the Web Server during the install (it is in the Servers group) then Apache is already there. You can try the following from a command window:
    service httpd start

If that works then Apache is installed and is now running. If not then you probably did not select Web Server during your fc6 install. You can install it now by using Add/Remove Software or yum.

Once you have it installed and started, use your bowser on your linux system and use the following URL:
    You should see the Apache test page displayed.

Enjoy!

Just Joined!

Smile

Thanks for the help!
    I got Apache working now. I guess have to configure it now and get php 5 working with it.