Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I try to run TPM Emulator application. Unfortunately, when I run it I get error: tpmd.c:262: Error: bind(/var/tpm/tpmd_socket:0) failed: Address already in use I was able to run this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Address already in use

Hi,

I try to run TPM Emulator application. Unfortunately, when I run it I get error:
    tpmd.c:262: Error: bind(/var/tpm/tpmd_socket:0) failed: Address already in use
    I was able to run this programme before, but know it does not work.
    Once I have restarted system while this application were runing (in foreground). Is it possible that linux store somewhere information that some port is used and I restarted system it was not cleared(so each time when linux is lunched, linux thinks that this port is still bussy)?
    How can I check which port my application is trying to use, so I could kill process which uses this port?

Cheers,

Kris

to see what processes are using a specific port, you could try the "lsof" command like this:

Code:
    lsof -i tcp:<port>
    Just change <port> for the port you want to test, then you should be able to kill that process using the kill or killall commands.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    Thanks sdousley for your post. I have found what is a problem of my error . As I said my system restarted when tpm was runing and the connection on socket /var/tpm/tpmd_socket:0 was not closed properly. I just simply delated the tpmd_socket:0 file.

Cheers,

Krzysiek