Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm currently having problems with my mySQL server starting on my VPS. It was working fine yesterday. And suddenly this morning I awoke to find nothing but a mySQL server ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need mySQL server help

I'm currently having problems with my mySQL server starting on my VPS. It was working fine yesterday. And suddenly this morning I awoke to find nothing but a mySQL server not being able to start. I find that it gives me errors about mysql.sock being an incorrect socket of some sort.

I check where my databases are contained, and the mysql.sock file is still their. I check if the mysql user and group exists, and yet it fails to start. We haven't configured the server since before yesterday, so I don't see how it could take effect today. I'm currently using mySQL 5.0.27 on Fedora Core 6.

Thank you for the help!

Well, I am no genius but I do know that there is a forum here for servers so you would be best of posting this there.

Just Joined!
    My bad. I'll let a mod move this then. In addition, something bugs me about mySQL. If it says the connection timed out, does this mean that it's down for now until later on?