Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi: I've successfully installed Linux Redhat Fedora Core 2 on my Toshiba Satellite A45-S150 but I am unable to find compatible graphics card driver for Linux. I am able to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Redhat Fedora Core2 on Toshiba A45- S150 laptop

Hi:
    I've successfully installed Linux Redhat Fedora Core 2 on my Toshiba Satellite A45-S150 but I am unable to find compatible graphics card driver for Linux. I am able to see only three fourth of my screen.
    if anybody ran into that problem and able to resolve it, I would really appreciate your help.
    by the way my Video Adapter is
    Intel® 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller.
    When I checked it from my Windows XP partition.
    Thanks alot well in advance.

Just Joined!
    for your first problem, you should simply just have to change the resolution size for your monitor. I don't know it can be easily done with FC2, but to do it manually, you have to edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and change it so your resolution fits your screen. Have any idea on what your color quality is set to (ex: 24 bit) that would help me more to guide you properly.

Otherwise, I would look around for some type of tool to modify your resolution. As for another driver, you would have to go to www.google.com/linux and take a search for the card. It shouldn't be nessisary though if you just want to change your resolution.

Just Joined!
    So is that trial and error method for screen resolution? I am not sure what values I am supposed to give

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    On my desktop, I would gues it's the same on a laptop, I can go to "system settings" then "display" and give the root password to change the resolution, and configure/choose the monitor and video card.

Just Joined!
    do you still have Windows around? maybe you could go back to Windows and find the resolution setting, and modify the file accordingly. That's what I would do.