Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I am very new to linux. I have a Intel 845 MB with P4 2GHZ processor, 512MB RAM with 80GB HDD. I was using fedora core 2 and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question xserver fails to load

Hi everyone,
    I am very new to linux. I have a Intel 845 MB with P4 2GHZ processor, 512MB RAM with 80GB HDD. I was using fedora core 2 and XP a dual boot, it was working fine. Last week I downloaded Fedora Core 6 from a mirror site and upgraded my Fedora core2 to the new Core6. I was Unable to load fedora after that I got an error Kernal Error and the system just stays there. So, I deleted all the linux partition and loaded a fresh copy of Fedora 6. Unfortunately I lost the dual boot. But the fedora was working fine. I reinstalled agian. I got the dualboot, But the Xserver fails to load. I searched few forums and changed the driver from i386 to vesa in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and did startx I got the following error

FATAL SERVER ERROR : NO SCREEN FOUND

X10 : fatal IO error 104 (connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0" after 0 requests (0 Known precessed) with 0 events remaining.

Plz help in resolvin this I know I can get the xserver back if I reinstall the o.s. But I think there should be some other way out since it is Linux. Plz guide my step by step.

Thanks in Advance,

Vimal.

Just Joined!
    have you tried system-config-display?

That error generally indicates that the Xserver failed to initialise