Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear Friends, We want to switch over from Microsoft Exchange Server to a Linux Based Solution. We have currently a Redhat Linux 4 AS server up an running. Current Set ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Setting Up a Linux Email Server - How to ?

Dear Friends,

We want to switch over from Microsoft Exchange Server to a Linux Based Solution.

We have currently a Redhat Linux 4 AS server up an running.

Current Set up includes MS Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows Server 2003. We would like to configure a Linux email server due to obvious problems of Virus attacks and Spamming.

We also have Active directory in place that have more than 500 accounts.

Is there any solution that would help our cause? If yes, what is that and what would be the steps required to be taken in order to reach that level? Also, we would require some Step-By-Step sort of documents that would help us attain our solution with least possible effort.

And, would it be possible to use the same Active Directory as our accounts on the new Linux based Emailing Solution?

Any sorts of insights and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Saabir.

All the best for coming in Open source solutions, and 'sendmail' is the entry level mail server and squirrel mail is preferred and you can use the existing Active directory members for the linux mail server by implimenting ACLs(Active Control List).

Just Joined!
    Thanks.

But could you provide me with a starting point. What to install and what to configure?

Any documents / sites would be very helpful.

Regards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Sir,
    If you want 2 launch mail server for your organization, ask them whether they can purchase if yes visit this site Mail Server :: Unix Windows Linux Email Servers :: Smtp Pop3 Imap
    you can have a trail version at this site only
    if you are asking out of your academic interest, i had the ready source code with me of my own mail server.
    Thanking you

Just Joined!
    Can you pass on your source code ?