Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, I want to install windows xp on my system. Here is my setup hda = 40gb = Fedora Core 2 Drive - ext3 partition and swap. hdb = 8gb ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FEdora core 2 installed. dualboot win xp on SATA Drive?

Ok, I want to install windows xp on my system.

Here is my setup
    hda = 40gb = Fedora Core 2 Drive - ext3 partition and swap.
    hdb = 8gb = ntfs partition with random files
    sda = 120gb SATA drive - unformatted
    bootloader is grum and is located on hda on the master boot record.

I am looking to install windows xp on my SATA drive and not sure how to boot it. Would I use grub as the bootloader or what?

I"m just looking for information on how to install and whatnot. Fedora core 2 is already installed on hda and yea, just looking for general help.

Thanks a million.

Just Joined!
    well here's what would happen: you would install Windows, which would overwrite your MBR with grub so that becomes a bit tricky to work with. What you would have to do is either go, install windows, and then install fedora, or install windows, and then reinstall grub manually somehow without removing Fedora. This would probably involve a live-cd, and some manual work. Once you've done that though, it would be as easy as writing a small entry into your grub.conf file to add it to the table of OS's to boot. Not very hard, but it may be easier just to install Windows and then install Fedora again, as it would write your partitions for you (except for some bug i've heard of with XP and FC2, but I'm not sure its a big deal)

Just Joined!
    i said just ****it, rofl, i'm not concerned about keeping my fc2 partition that bad. I liove linux now and I can now appreciate it.

Thx for the help, i'm just swiping then going from there....too bad that partition magic says that everything is ****ed....

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    lol, yeah that will be the easier route to go. As long as you're not losing any important data you'll be good.