Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Do you think Fedora Core 2 is a proper release or was it just rushed?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Proper release

1 25.00%
  • Rushed

3 75.00%
If you ar elike me and could not get RPM's to install, i found out why, There is just no file association. To run / install these files you will ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

FC2 and RPM's

If you ar elike me and could not get RPM's to install, i found out why, There is just no file association. To run / install these files you will need to do the following

1) download the file
    2) right click on the file
    3) select open with
    4) an application

then you should have a new windows appear,
    5) select Install Packages

then the rest should run you through it. This took me a while to realise as i am quite new to linux, and i hope it will help people in the same position as me.

I don't know if they put this in for security or to just piss everyone off. Somthing tells me they will call it security but i seem to be a little pissed off at it,and think it was a major error on there part to not have rpms install at a double click. They are meant to be making linux easier to use for us all and they come up with stupid ideas like this?? what are they thinking. Anyway i will stop my moaning now

FC2

other things in FC2 are pretty good, but this RPM issue is not good ! They should remove such item like Open with .. !

Otherwise FC2 is good and proper release
    (I think..)

Thanks