Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone. Just installed Fedora Core 2 and I am experiencing a major problem. As soon as I log-in to the graphical interface I get the message 'Nautilus has quit ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora Core 2 - Major Nautilus Issue!!

Hello everyone.

Just installed Fedora Core 2 and I am experiencing a major problem. As soon as I log-in to the graphical interface I get the message 'Nautilus has quit unexpectedly'. If I try to restart the application nothing happens. If I try to browse the file system at any time I get the same error. This error happens every time I log in or attempt to browse the file system.

Anyone else having the same problem or have any ideas? I have reported the bug using the bug tracking option that appears with the error message (hope that was the right thing to do).

My system is an AMD64 3000+ on an Asus K8V Deluxe, 512mb DDR Ram, 160gb SATA HDD. I am using the 64bit version of Fedora Core 2.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Just Joined!

Update

I have been doing some digging on the web, probably should have done this first!

It seems that some others have also experienced this problem. It appears to affect AMD64 users. One suggestion was to edit the /etc/fstab file and comment out all references to floppy and cdrom. I tried this and was able to launch Nautilus. However as soon as I reboot the lines are added back into the fstab file after the ones I have commented out! Am I able to stop this happening and if I did would this affect my use of cdrom and floppy?

I also located some information that the problem relates to a memory call to COBra-free. I downloaded a source patch to fix this. I followed the instructions to configure/make/install but am not sure if I did it right (only been using Linux for a couple of weeks). Anyway it didn't fix the problem.

I have included the links I found in cast they are of any interest. I guess I may have to wait for an automatic update to come out.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla....cgi?id=122087

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=138986

Just Joined!

Nautilus problem on FC2

Hello all,

I have had the same issue, but only after mounting the floppy drive. If you unmount the floppy drive nautiilus will run OK.

No idea why it does it, however, it's very annoying !!!

AMD64 3200+ chip, 160 GB H/D, 512MB RAM, FC2_AMD64

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close