That's rather new to me. =)
Anyway, everything's solvable. I'm suspecting it has to do with that hda in the drive order list - GRUB probably can't load its own stage2 properly this way. Do you have a hda in this computer, or are those S-ATA drives the only drives in it?
It would be most helpful if you could go through the following procedure:
1. Go to my home page (link at bottom of post), and download the GRUB image (grub.img).
2. Write it to a floppy disk (you don't need to format it, but everything on it will be lost, so back it up if you want to keep it), by running the following command (you can also use the rawrite.exe program, also from my homepage, do to that from a Windows or DOS system):
3. Boot from that floppy. That should bring you the "grub>" prompt.Code:
cat grub.img >/dev/fd0
4. Start typing "root (hd", but don't press Enter. Press Tab instead, and see what output it brings up.
5. Post that output back here.