Network Configuration on RHEL 6.2 Server problem
Have a nice day :-).
I just get new Dell PowerEdge R720 come with RHEL Server 6.2. This server come with Network Daugther Card (NDC) 4 ports.
I was configured the network configuration with IP below:
IP : 172.18.64.3
Nmask : 255.255.252.0
Gateway : 172.18.64.1
The network cable for this server was connected via eth1 port to network switch.
The problem I'm facing is:
1. I can ping to other pc or workstation in the same network (LAN) but the other pc/workstation can't ping, ssh, ftp and http access to the server.
Here is few method I had done :
1. Disable / Enable RHEL Firewall. Didn't work.
2. Disable / Enable Selinux. Didn't work also.
3. Checking on ipv4.config configuration at /etc/sysctl.conf. all set as 0.
4. Set the same IP on my notebook installed with apache server, and plug in the same network cable to my netbook. both way can ping. netbook can ping pc, and pc can ping and access apache server (http).
5. Set IP in notebook with the same network range as server, connect the notebook to server via cross network cable. both way can ping and http access.
6. use ifup and ifdown command at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/... still didn't work.
I need help from experts here to resolve this problem. Before I post this topic, I was do searching in google and this forum, but did not see any related or same with this problem.