Noob requesting assistance on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation
I'm a noob for Linux, all this while since I was a kid I am only familiar with Windows.
Yesterday my company assign me a new laptop with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation.
When I check the system below is the details:
Release 6.3 (Santiago)
Kernel Linux 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64
So I have a few questions that I want to ask:
1. based from the above specifications, how do i want to mapped a network drive?
2. I am a network engineer so my daily task I need to telnet into routers and switches, so what are the best telnet applications that I can use? Before i am using secure crt and I have already have a profile which i intend to use it back if possible due to thousands of devices profiles i have created.
3. How do i read my email? previously I used outlook express 2010.
4. How do I bring up command prompt? because sometime i need to do traceroute and ping test from the command prompt.
5. VPN Client: what are the free and best vpn client that I can use?
So far the above is all I have to ask at the moment.
Appreciate all the assistance.