Running a Windows file for rooting Android??
I was wondering if it's possible and feasable to run a program for rooting my Android on Fuduntu?? I found 2 reliable methods that have been tried and checked, but I do not have Windows. The 1 I'm giving the link too is the easiest and requires use of the command line in Windows. If anyone has an answer, I would be much appreciative. Thanks.
Here is the other method too.
This is from android forums, it is not my work
1. Install these drivers from here LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN37AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 7.2.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
2. Download the attached zip file called "o4xr" from here ([GUIDE][ROOT] How to Root your LG Optimus 4X HD (O4X P880) - xda-developers) once downloaded put the extracted files under C:\
3. Then download the app "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk" from that site/post as well and copy it to your phone to the root of your sd card
4. Now open Settings>scroll down to security and check unknown settings
5. Then go to developer options in settings and check usb debugging
6. Now on a file explorer on the root of your sd card install "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk"
7. Once the app is installed open it and then open the power options (hold the power button for 3 seconds) and click power off & restart
8. Once phone turns back on (should be running slow) connect your phone to your computer through USB (charging only).
9. Open the command prompt and enter the command "cd C:\o4xr" then typr "root" (or whatever is the root of your windows system) (no parentheses)
10. Next wait for the script to run and your phone will reboot when that happens uninstall SystemBackupTest DO NOT OPEN IT you will have to run the script again if you do
The script will say this which means your phone has been rooted it should take a few minutes thats it and it's done
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
1958 KB/s (2005736 bytes in 1.000s)
1916 KB/s (91980 bytes in 0.046s)
2148 KB/s (996704 bytes in 0.453s)
rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory
(KB/ bytes in xxxxs may vary)
11. You are done your phone has been successfully rooted