Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I try to open Distrowatch in firefox, my browser takes me to del.ici.ous. When I try to open the Paldo Linux website, I get taken to some entertainment website. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox hijacked

When I try to open Distrowatch in firefox, my browser takes me to del.ici.ous. When I try to open the Paldo Linux website, I get taken to some entertainment website. Apparently, some spyware or something has gotten into my installation of Paldo. I completely ignorant of how to solve this problem in Linux. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    As far am concerned, its not Spy, all u have to do, is go to "Tool + Add-ons" and uninstall "del.ici.ous" and that is it.
    del.ici.ous
    This extension seamlessly integrates your browser with del.icio.us (del.icio.us), the leading social bookmarking service on the Web.

All the best
    Cheers
    Robin

This is indeed no "Spy" ware.
    Since it doesnt "Spy".
    Spyware is software that spys on the users Browsing behavior and what the user does on the inet.
    What this is. (If what Robin_BGA is correct (Ive never seen del.icio.us)) is Adware/Scumware.

This is also no browser Hijack. When you talk about a Browser Hijack a person can make the browser go how he wants it to go. Most of the time he uses a RST-Deamon to stop the normal user of going to pages.

I hope that helped abit.

Cheers,
    Robin
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..