Find the answer to your Linux question:
(i am using vb 3.6.8 in shared host) is it possbile to block flood attack using htaccess someone attack (via vbulletin) my site using a software called antirus this software ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

flood blocker via htaccess

(i am using vb 3.6.8 in shared host)

is it possbile to block flood attack using htaccess

someone attack (via vbulletin) my site using a software called antirus

this software makes flood and SYN attack so hosting give CPU quota error

for me in order to block this i must use a script limit connection per ip via htaccess

but i can not code it

would you somebdy code it for me

my site is off for 3 days

I don't think it's your job preventing SYN attacks. It's the hosting company's job. You should ask the hosting company to get rid of the flood. After all there are better tools for dealing and filtering syn attacks than apache's own configuration methods.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by vigour View Post
    I don't think it's your job preventing SYN attacks. It's the hosting company's job. You should ask the hosting company to get rid of the flood. After all there are better tools for dealing and filtering syn attacks than apache's own configuration methods.
    my host bluehost is very clumsy. it doesnot know how to

Thats bad... I can't really think of any smart way or automatic way to prevent floods. If you note a heavy connections load from a single IP address you can always put it in the "Deny from" list in your .htaccess

The problem is that it won't stop the SYN floods. The web server will still experience heavy load. The only result will be to restrict those malicious attempts to view your website's content.