Results 1 to 3 of 3
How do I allow some users the ability to FTP and SSH, and restrict others from doing this? Machine is running Slackware 9.1, ProFTPd. I wish to still allow anonymous ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 02-14-2008 #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2005
Allow FTP to users restrict other users
How do I allow some users the ability to FTP and SSH, and restrict others from doing this?
Machine is running Slackware 9.1, ProFTPd.
I wish to still allow anonymous FTP, I do not want certain users to connect to their home folders, while allowing others. The same with SSH.
- 02-14-2008 #2Originally Posted by vern
- Anonymous ftp
- User-authenticated ftp (for only some users)
- ssh access (for only some users)
Right? For the first two, you'll need to read through the proftpd documentation to understand how to allow only certain users ftp access (including anonymous). For ftp users, you'll want to give them a nologin shell. For the third, there is a sshd_config directive called AllowUsers you can use.
- 02-15-2008 #3
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
- Bangalore, India
1. chroot for ftp
2. in case of vsftpd there are file where you can mention the name of user which is allowed to access.
3. If you have plenty of services for authentication check LDAP for common authentication.bigunix.blogspot.com
Registered Linux User: #476440