Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks for the good work Tech_Manager An Access Control List by continent would be most useful IMHO. I thought about writing one myself, but in the end I settled for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Thanks for the good work Tech_Manager

An Access Control List by continent would be most useful IMHO. I thought about writing one myself, but in the end I settled for the /8 filter. It is a bit more crude, but effective nonetheless.
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freston View Post

An Access Control List by continent would be most useful IMHO. I thought about writing one myself, but in the end I settled for the /8 filter. It is a bit more crude, but effective nonetheless.
    I am adding this to my "To do" list. Are there other features you would like to see us add at Country IP Blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Manager
    I am adding this to my "To do" list. Are there other features you would like to see us add at Country IP Blocks?
    That's great!

Other features?
    Well, ehm, I realize it may conflict with your ToS, but a downloadable (flat text) file with /all/ the ranges. I tried to select 'all' countries in the filter on the website, but -although technically possible- it nearly crashed my browser

This so that filtering the HUGE data set can be done at leisure locally, rather than in a browser window. Again, I realize this may conflict with your ToS, but I felt it was worth a mention nonetheless

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I've been thinking about adding this feature for quite some time. But, it would tend to have a negative effect on site traffic. We are considering adding a subscription service to provide this and other features.

Is this something you would be interested in?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freston View Post

Freston: per your request, Country IP Blocks is now offering Access Control Lists by continent. The list of countries by Continent may be found at the Country IP BLocks website.

Please let us know if you have additional needs.

Oh, hey cool, I'll have to look into that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2