Find the answer to your Linux question:
suppose I have IPTable configured firewall on my box than according to the diagram of packet traversing in IPTables, the local process will be my browser or anything which generates ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation How actually packet traverse in IPTables

suppose I have IPTable configured firewall on my box than according to the diagram of packet traversing in IPTables, the local process will be my browser or anything which generates IP packets...it may my proxy server too...( M I right???....pls clear my confusion )

OK now here we have configured firewall on our box and we are sending packet from only our box so Local process is as I specified above.....

BUT BUT BUT.........

What if the firewall is configured on UTM machine or say on my GATEWAY machine, which is not really used for sending packet.......????.........More clearly I am telling that

If I have joined three machines to one other machine which acts as GATEWAY or to UTM machine than what will be the local process now.......How the packet will traverse.....

Pls Pls Pls answer me.........

Quote Originally Posted by priyadarshan View Post
    suppose I have IPTable configured firewall on my box than according to the diagram of packet traversing in IPTables, the local process will be my browser or anything which generates IP packets...it may my proxy server too...( M I right???....pls clear my confusion )

OK now here we have configured firewall on our box and we are sending packet from only our box so Local process is as I specified above.....

BUT BUT BUT.........

What if the firewall is configured on UTM machine or say on my GATEWAY machine, which is not really used for sending packet.......????.........More clearly I am telling that

If I have joined three machines to one other machine which acts as GATEWAY or to UTM machine than what will be the local process now.......How the packet will traverse.....

Pls Pls Pls answer me.........
    Not sure I understand completely your question. If you have IPTABLES configured then all packets arriving and/or leaving your box will traverse the rules. Even on the UMT(?).

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted