Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there a way to have Firestarter start without requiring a password. I tried to set Firestarter active on boot / login, but it failed because a password was required. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question [SOLVED] Firewall activation at boot

Is there a way to have Firestarter start without requiring a password. I tried to set Firestarter active on boot / login, but it failed because a password was required. Every time I start Firestarter, I have to enter my password. The problem with this, is that my wife and kids use the computer, and don't have the ability to do this. I'm currently using Ubunut 8.10, but I do like to use a lot of mini / micro distros on Live CD (I'll have to test them and make sure they are secure later.). Almost every port on my computer shows (although closed) without the Firestarter active, but every port is stealth with Firestarter.
    Or is there a firewall that will meet my needs better. I don't yet know how to set up IP tables, but I'm not too old to learn.
    Any suggestions or recommendations?
    Thanks,
    Greg

Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Thanks for the link. I'm making progress now, but I'm not completely there yet. It now works for me without a password, but not for my wife and kids. I'll keep working at it. I think I need to change / add something more than what I did.

Thanks again.