Find the answer to your Linux question:
How to set the time limit for my little child on Centos 5.2? (the easiest way) Time limit per day/wk/mth ? (eg.1hr 25min/day, diff on Sat & Sun) Login time ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

time limit of parental control

How to set the time limit for my little child on Centos 5.2? (the easiest way)

Time limit per day/wk/mth ? (eg.1hr 25min/day, diff on Sat & Sun)
    Login time limit? (between 7pm -9pm period can access to login weekday, set 6pm-10pm on Sat & Sun)
    Online limit? (can use internet on this computer 1hr 10min daily)

Thx!

Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by sf433 View Post
    How to set the time limit for my little child on Centos 5.2? (the easiest way)

Time limit per day/wk/mth ? (eg.1hr 25min/day, diff on Sat & Sun)
    Login time limit? (between 7pm -9pm period can access to login weekday, set 6pm-10pm on Sat & Sun)
    Online limit? (can use internet on this computer 1hr 10min daily)

Thx!
    You could try writing a script that starts in the background when your child logs in, and the it executes the logout shell command when their time expires. That would also be a good scripting exercise for you to help learn to write bash scripts.

Hints: sleep, date +"%u", logout

The sleep command will put the script to sleep for some period of seconds: 1hr 25min == 5100 seconds. The date +"%u" command returns the day-of-week number (1-7) where Monday == 1. So, this isn't a difficult script, and it should log the user (child) out after the specified amount of time. You could even set it up so that say 10 minutes before it expires it beeps the user so they know their time is just about up.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close